Our client, an MNC, is looking to hire a Data Centre Operations Lead with hands-on working experience in Tier 3/4 data centres and strong capabilities in investor management, hardware support, and facility support.
- Lead and manage the Data Centre Engineers in the team, ensure their deliverables (deployment and break-fix) adhere to the firm’s processes, standards and quality requirements
- IMAC - Installations, Move, Add, Change, Decommission of IT equipment (compute, storage, network, backup devices)
- Hardware break-fix support – installation of parts, reseat module, SFP module replacement, HDD / Memory replacement
- Perform regular asset inventory accuracy inspection
- Performs regular checks to ensure IT room floor plans are updated
- Regular reporting, maintain, develop and improve reporting capabilities
- 7+ years of working experience in Data Centre Operations
- Good understanding and knowledge in data cabling, i.e. structured cabling and patching, copper and fiber
- Good level of experience with inventory management
- Good level of experience with supporting change and incident management
- Experienced in hardware support, break fix and troubleshooting
- Professional certification would be good but not mandatory i.e. CCNA, MSCE, etc.
- Experience in managing technical team
- Proficiency in the English language
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, critical environment while balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities successfully