Data Engineering Lead - IT (Platform Development) (12-Month Contract)
We are on an exciting journey of simplifying and transforming HKEX's data landscape. We aim to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business by making data-driven decisions. An exciting time lies ahead and we are now inviting experienced Data Engineering Lead to join our team.
The position we offer: As a Data Engineering Lead, you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate Big Data solutions within our cloud-based Big Data Platform. You will also be leading the design of Big Data solutions to priority business challenges. You should have extensive experience in software development with agile methodology, continuous integration and automated releases. Experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures (preferably on cloud) is a must. Job Responsibilities:
- Building and Architecting distributed and highly parallelised Big Data ingestion and processing pipeline which is able to process massive amounts of data (both structured and unstructured data) in near real-time
- Evaluate and deploy data quality framework to measure and improve data quality in the organisation over time
- Engage with data stewards, producers and consumers to design appropriate data pipelines
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable
- Work closely with Product Managers to deliver platform product roadmaps
- Leading a team of Data Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers to deliver according to platform product roadmaps in a continuous delivery environment
We expect the ideal candidate to have extensive experience (10+ years) in Data engineering /Platform Engineering and be a complex problem solver.
You should be able to write production code in Scalaor Python and have strong interests in the latest Data Technology:
- Data driven thinking
- Experience in container technologies (OpenShift, Docker or k8s)
- Experienced in environments with strong Site Reliability engineering culture
- Experienced in leading a small team of talented engineers in a financial services or technology space
- Delivery focus with strong product mind-set
- Knowledge in design and implementation of data infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
Preferably you also have:
- Experience in Apache Spark and Nifi
- Experience in delivering data platforms with strong product mindset
- Experience in in-memory data processing
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption and anonymisation
- Solid grounding in the Financial Services industry
- Solid knowledge in SQL
- Understanding in statistical models, machine learning, graph analysis You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.