The position we offer: As an Engineering Lead, you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate Data solutions within our cloud-based Data and Analytics Platform. You will also be involved in the design of Analytics solutions to solve priority business challenges. You should have extensive experience in software development with agile methodology, continuous integration and automated releases. Experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures (preferably on cloud) is a must.
- Lead data engineers, site reliability engineers and technical solution vendors through the implementation process by providing design review, code review, test review and all other due diligence work;
- Provide product recommendation based on business and technical assessment, demonstrating solid knowledge in data and analytics space
- Build distributed and highly parallelized Data Acquisition and event processing pipeline which is able to process massive amounts of data (both structured and unstructured data) in near real-time
- Evaluate and deploy data quality framework to measure and improve data quality in the organization over time
- Engage with data stewards, producers and consumers to design appropriate data pipelines
- Automate processes where possible that are repeatable and reliable
- Work closely with Product Managers to deliver software in a continuous delivery environment.
- An ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data engineering and be a complex problem solver. You should be able to write production code in Scala or Python and have strong interests in the latest Data Technology.
- Data driven thinking
- Full stack developer / Data Scientist
- Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering Concept, solid hands on experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Expert knowledge in Apache Kafka, solid experience in Spark/Flink for event streaming
- Experience in container technologies (OpenShift, Docker or k8s)
- Knowledge in automation tools (Terraform and Ansible)
- Delivery focus with strong product mind-set
- Knowledge in design and implementation of data infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption and anonymization
- Solid grounding in the Financial Services industry
- Solid knowledge in SQL
- Understanding in statistical models, machine learning, graph analysis
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Data Engineering Lead - Leading Financial Firm in HK in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Asia Infra Services & Operations Director - Leading Financial Institution
2) Network Support, Senior Manager - Reputable Commercial Bank
3) Network Engineer (Low Latency / Trading Infrastructure) - Top US Hedge Fund