Data Maintenance Operations Assistant
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- To process Retail Banking / Credit Card / Personal Loan / Mortgage Loan / Investment products related maintenance requests from different channels, including CCC, Branch, Online Banking and other internal Operations teams, and to ensure all requests are handled accurately and in timely matter
- To ensure efficient and effective scope of operations is always in place within Data Maintenance Operations covering various processing work, support and services, system functionality and stability, risk and control.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To keep a high quality output of work for all types of Retail Banking products including but not limited to Data Maintenance at all time and be delivered to customers at competitive costs.
- To streamline workflow and procedures and introduce automation process in order to cope with the ever changing needs of the market and on-going expansion of businesses.
- To promote the concept of cross-function support, multi-skills training and experiences sharing to all staff members of the department.
- To provide full operational support to various business initiatives.
- To balance and to allocate suitable manpower and resources for "high and low" business seasons according to marketing conditions and needs.
- To cultivate good channels of communication with colleagues at all levels and listen to their comments and feedback on any concerned matters.
- To stimulate staff morale within Data Maintenance Operations and helping to resolve any arising problems and grievances.
- The execution of strategies and policies as laid down by senior management including centralization of various operational functions, streamlining and elimination of excessive processing procedures, migration of job activities to Hub Centres (Tianjin) in cost-effective ways.
- Evaluation, customization, testing and implementation of system enhancements while strengthening risk control, improving service quality, reducing operational cost and enhancing productivity.
- On-going review and modification of departmental operational procedures and to cater for both system environment and business changes in order that the highest efficiency of system features and staff resources are employed.
- Reporting any system issues and problems to PSS team for quick resolution and coordinate with all affected business units and branch network on emergency action and contingency plan resulted from these issues and problems.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Excellent MS office and PC skills
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English, Mandarin preferable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.