Data Scientist, Institutional Banking Group
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards.
- Data curation - create features from diverse data sources to make them valuable for machine learning.
- Data exploration - perform EDA for patterns, metrics and other insights which forms the foundation of the analytics solution's design.
- Design and develop analytics, including but not limited to modeling, to drive business growth and mitigate risk.
- Develop and automate pipelines. Build data visualization such as dashboards to communicate analytics result to stakeholders.
- Ongoing review of the effectiveness of the analytics built. In addition to model performance metrics, define metrics to specifically measure the success of the analytics solution deployed.
- Be a persuasive storyteller to communicate analytics results to stakeholders in plain language.
- Be adventurous in designing and conducting data experiments - Our team is dynamic and fun!
- 4-8 years of experience in analytics. Knowledge in Corporate Banking is a plus but not a must. Suitable candidates with less experience could be considered for a position of Associate / Senior Associate.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Data science accreditation obtained via MOOC or other education institutions is a plus.
- Based on the experience level, suitable candidates may be considered for a position of Associate / Senior Associate / Assistant Vice President.
- Conversant with working on tremendous volume of data. Capable to draw insights and design solutions in data science context..
- Sound knowledge in statistics and machine learning.
- Solid programming skills - Python, SAS or R.
- Work well in collaborative environment. Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in data visualization tools or frameworks (e.g. Qlikview / Power BI / D3.js) is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.