Data Warehouse Developer/Architect
- HKD60000 - HKD90000 per month
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Contract, Full time
- iKas International (Asia Pacific)
- 04 Jul 18 2018-07-04
My client, a global bank is looking for Data Warehouse Developer/ Architect to join their experienced team, for a global mutli-year data migraiton program. The candidate will get the opportunity to shine on a high profile, career-defining global project, working alongside the best data professionals in the game, as part of one of the financial service industry's most ambitious and well-resourced technology organisations, gaining exposure to exciting cutting edge technologies like blockchain, hadoop and more.
- Build data migration expertise in and own the underlying data transformation & reconciliation issues.
- Recognise the segment, market, product and system-specific challenges inhibiting project delivery; and counteract with the most effective & efficient remediation actions and technology solutions.
- Develop the project's reconciliation capabilities to best practice standards and ultimately transition this expertise to technical teams across the wider Production Support, Client Reference Data, Digital & Data and Service Delivery worlds.
- Engage with partners in Technology, Product and Service Delivery teams to implement a sustainable data migration framework.
- Establish strong working relationships with data owners and partner technology teams to facilitate the efficient extraction of data tactically for initial data migration efforts as well as strategically for the sustainable BAU reconciliation framework.
- Plan, establish and support the underlying technical framework components to publish dashboards tracking critical data quality metrics across a diverse mix of segments, countries, processes and systems.
- Coordinate with the other project streams (settlements & safekeeping, asset servicing, cash management) as well as other projects (Digital & Data etc.) to identify and manage any technical inter-dependencies.
- Ensure that all project technical risks and issues are managed at the appropriate level and escalated efficiently.
- Provide technical expertise to relevant Programme Steering Committee and Project Working Group meetings.
- Define and maintain system delivery plans.
- 5 to 10 years of ETL development or reporting project experience, preferably with a multi-national bank, fund manager, insurer or top tier software vendor.
- Accomplished in delivering high performance technical services to deliver large, complex global projects from definition through design to implementation.
- Extensive track record of delivering successful technical solutions with a data-centric flavour: data migration, data integration, data warehousing, data quality, data analytics or data management.
- Strong SQL skills are mandatory (it's an Oracle environment); preferably with practical experience on performance tuning and ETL optimisation practices.
- Practical exposure to Distributed Ledger Technologies, Hadoop, MapReduce and Hive would be advantageous.
iKas International (Asia) Limited is providing recruitment services for this role.
"Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only."