See job description for details
Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance to senior management in implementing and maintaining an effective Operational Risk program.
- Manage and develop a team of Operational Risk professionals by providing leadership, guidance, coaching and counseling.
- Partner with the business and support units across the Bank in implementing Operational Risk governance, policies, standards, processes and tools.
- Assess key operational risk issues and the units' management of Operational Risk and provide timely risk analyses and reporting to senior management, including but not limited to operational risk incidents, new products / services, outsourcing arrangement, risk culture and conduct.
- Review major operational risk events for proper identification of root causes, evaluate cross-unit implications and effective and timely implementation of remediation plans.
- Organize and lead various risk committees in the bank. Apprise senior management and risk committees of the overall operational risk profile and issues, including "hot spots", key risk areas, loss trend analysis and key control remediation initiatives.
- Promote risk culture, risk and control awareness through training, sharing of best practices, lessons learnt and various initiatives.
- University degree holder with a recognised professional qualification in a risk / control related field
- Over 15 years of experience in financial institutions with senior exposure to risk and control areas and liaison with regulators.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products, operations, and knowledge in information technology including but not limited to application, infrastructure, change management and cybersecurity
- Ability to assess and priorities operational risks on a strategic level, evaluate cross-unit implications and provide effective holistic recommendations.
- Leadership / management skills with experience in the management of matrix reporting relationships
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with ability to work with and influence individuals of different seniorities.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements .
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.