Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the APAC InvesTech group, the Derivatives Analyst position will work with Trading, Legal, Client Service, other Wellington teams to coordinate market openings for the purposes of having access to derivatives as well as on-boarding new clients to counterparty derivative agreements. Additional responsibilities include working with Guideline Monitoring and Client Service on client restrictions as it relates derivatives, as well as triaging any derivatives related investment issues which come up across the region.
As a new headcount, we are open to location of this individual to be based in one of our Asia Pacific offices (Sydney, Hong Kong, or Singapore)
- Analyze and help resolve derivatives issues for Asia Pacific clients.
- Identify new client accounts for derivatives onboarding and initiate onboarding process with counterparties
- Partner with Client Services Group to establish communication channels with counterparties; ensure consistency of documentation/deliverables, sharing of best practices and improving coordination and communication between teams and the counterparties related to document submissions
- Work closely with IT, Trading, and Guideline Monitoring to enhance end-to-end broker restriction management
- Serve as an escalation point for incoming queries and issues raised by portfolio managers, trading, clients, custodians, and brokers
- Participate in industry working groups to identify new opportunities and potential challenges of regulatory changes
- Processing exceptional events that impact OTC derivatives positions, including credit events, corporate actions, and client transitions;
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement;
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Be highly knowledgeable of OTC derivatives across asset classes (Rates, Credits, Equity and Commodity), and exchange traded products and the technology used to support these instruments across the industry.
- Be intimately familiar with the OTC life-cycle process, and have a working understanding of the operational impact of pending regulatory change
- Back and middle office operational experience at a sell-side or buy-side firm with exposure to both Cleared and Bilateral Derivatives preferred
- Demonstrate success on project and working effectively in working groups
- Ability to identify opportunities, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Ability to synthesize, condense and convey complex information to key stakeholders in clear, digestible, and simple terms
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 5-7 years of derivatives experience;
- An MBA or CFA, or progress towards either is a plus
- Position requires independent judgment and decision making. Being a self-starter and independent thinker is a prerequisite
- Individual must be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail
- While the Derivative Analyst will work in a cross-functional team environment, most projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures.
Derivatives Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .