- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 09 Mar 18
Digital Product Owner, Online FX, Wealth Management
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
We are currently looking for Digital Product Owner, Online FX, Wealth Management to help transform the way Wealth Management (WM) products and services are delivered to clients.
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Digital Product Owner, Online FX, Wealth Management.
The Bank is aiming to grow Online FX revenue at double-digit rates. This Product Owner (PO) and Business Lead role enables this objective, by ensuring agile technology projects (that improve the client experience and frontline productivity) are aligned to business needs. As the subject matter expert you will provide input on business requirements, review technology project plans from the business perspective, and ensure new technology capabilities are embedded in business processes to deliver benefit. Ensure smooth execution on the ground, and communicate the changes delivered to segment management.
- Review/understand key business policies and processes in WM with an emphasis on client interactions and front office productivity. Identify critical pain-points, and articulate how planned/in-flight technology projects will solve them
- Develop/maintain a vision for agile technology projects and be responsible for communicating the vision to the scrum team. Be responsible for agile technology projects and features from concept to final implementation
- Work with architects, business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each release
- Be responsible for design, usability, quality and delivery of agile technology projects and features
- Be the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, ensure all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the agile development lifecycle; and need to understand both engineering and business side of releases and be ultimately responsible for representing the end user's needs
- Provide business input on requirements to the technology project teams. Work with product teams, front office and operations on requirements and develop test plans. Ensure final delivery meets user needs.
- Review technology plans and design specifications, to ensure business requirements are met and that benefits will be delivered. Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank's operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls.
- Work with stakeholders in the front, middle and back offices. Develop and execute end-to-end commercialisation plans from training material, design, coordination, execution, and feedback gathering, etc
- Participate in project review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project's cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution to bring back the project on track
- Conduct periodic briefings to senior management on progress of technology projects.
- Coordinate with Regional and Country counterparts/stakeholders in delivering the above. Role is global, physical location is with the global WM team in preferably HK or SG. Occasional business travel is required
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years' experience in a product-related or change/transformation role of a bank's WM preferably as a digital online FX product owner. Demonstrated knowledge of how WM processes and technology systems work
- Must have previous experience as a PO or Business Lead for Digital technology projects for Relationship Manager's and/or Clients in WM
- Strong skills in problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline
- Experience in working with technology project teams, from the business perspective, a significant plus
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills; ability to manage the details of implementation
- Desirable: Experience in lean/six sigma process improvements