Director – Japanese Market
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Transpacific Group Asia Limited
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
TransPacific Group LLC, together with its affiliate TransPacific Group (Asia) Limited, is a placement agent focused exclusively on institutional investors based in Asia, an important and rapidly growing source of capital for the alternative investment industry. The Firm was founded by Mark Mason, formerly an Ivy League business school professor.
With offices in New York and Hong Kong, the Firm assists leading US and European private fund managers—including those engaged in private equity, private debt, infrastructure, real estate and other alternative investment strategies – to develop deep, long-term relationships with Asian institutions. The Firm follows a highly selective approach to manager representation and has worked with some of the world’s leading private fund managers.
Over 10 years, TransPacific has developed close relationships with Asian institutional investors active in alternative investments. These institutions are based in China, Japan, Korea and many of the countries of Southeast Asia, and include a diverse range of institutional types.
TransPacific is seeking to add a native Japanese speaker to its HK based team to drive its investor relationship/business development activity in Japan. The individual would be an experienced financial markets professional with a good understanding of financial products – including, ideally, private equity and other alternative strategies. Strong relationships with and a network of contacts within the Japan Private Equity/alternative investor community would be a significant plus but not a requirement. English language skills – both spoken and written also required. The position would be based in Hong Kong with frequent travel to Tokyo.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with significant Japanese institutional platforms – SWFs, insurance companies, asset management groups,etc _ that are investing in offshore private equity and other alternative funds.
- Arrange, support and coordinate roadshows by US and European managers to meet with key persons at relevant investment groups.
- Build up profiles/reports of key institutions and their existing portfolios and planned future investments, key investment professionals and decision makers, key investment parameters and investment processes.
- Support investor requests for additional information and ongoing due diligence processes
- Native Japanese and good English skills required.
- Person would be expected to obtain HK SFC & NY FINRA registration/licensing