Rabobank Hong Kong is the Rabobank Group wholesale and investment banking operation and has established a world-class reputation in the Food & Agri sector. Rabobank Hong Kong serves clients which are among the leading multinational Corporate and renowned financial institutions and are served in more than 40 countries. The employees are at the heart of the success of Rabobank Hong Kong. Processing of trade transactions for clients to support the trade business of the Bank.
We would like to hire a Regional Tax Specialist to proactively assist with management of tax risks to ensure no material adverse tax surprises. This involves managing the expectations of internal stakeholders, proactively assisting with the development of the tax strategy for this region, and assisting with the implementation of robust controls and processes. The role is second in charge (2IC) of tax for this region, and to provide strong backup support.
- Responsible for preparing contemporaneous transfer pricing information such as Local Files, interviews with internal stakeholders and liaison with external auditor, Asian controllers and global tax/transfer pricing specialists.
- Responsible for drafting and maintaining the Regional Support Agreements within the Asian region.
- Responsible for tax accounting calculations for Hong Kong Branch and assist other Asian controllers to address their tax accounting and reporting issues.
- Responsible for preparing the profits tax returns for Hong Kong Branch as well as other tax related filing including stamp duty, FATCA and CRS.
- To work with the Finance department on the annual Regional Cost Allocation calculation process.
- To keep up-to-date with Asian tax developments including FATCA and CRS and prepare Newsletters and analysis for management/business areas as well as Global Tax where required.
- To assist with putting in place, testing and monitoring the Tax and Transfer Pricing Control Framework for Hong Kong and other Asian locations both as first line of defence and second line of defence.
- To be the back-up support for the Regional Head of Tax Asia.
- To assist with the review of agreements related to business operations including FATCA and tax clauses, ISDA agreements.
- To assist with the provision of timely and commercial tax advice to all business units in Asia.
- To pro-actively assist with the management of tax risks for HK and the Asian region including identifying and bringing to the attention of relevant stakeholders the key tax risks and recommendations on addressing these tax risks.
- 10+ working experience with at least 5 years in banking, tax and financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills