Director, Alternative Investment Operations
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Director, Alternative Investment Operations with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Investment Management's Asia Alternatives Investment Operations serves as the regional hub for Derivatives, Private and Real Estate to facilitate and provide operations support throughout the Asian region to serve both Manulife's General Accounts and Asset Management businesses. Derivatives for Manulife's offices are in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with at least 5 years experience in the asset management, private industry and/or investment operations.
- Experience with private, and real estate custodial operations, fund accounting and settlement processes.
- Knowledge and experience with cash management, cash flow forecast, reconciliations, post trade handling, reporting and fund operations are required.
- Direct experience working in a Private Company is a strong advantage.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skill to deal with various internal and external parties and able to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and make effective recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment.
Our commitment to you
- Manage funds flow schedule with effect payments/disbursements and associated investor notices for internal Capital Calls and Distributions
- Develop operation workflow, pe rform daily account holdings, cash reconciliation and monitor the daily cash flows for individual Fund, include monitoring of cash calculation of Capital & Distribution
- Liaise with or oversee Fund Administrator for subscription, redemption and other requests for investors as well as assist in documents preparation for setting up or closure of private funds
- Coordinate, instruct and oversee custodian, administrator and brokerage trading accounts on entire fund and funds on fund operation flow
- Liaison with both internal (i.e. Investment, Finance, Compliance, Legal) and external key stakeholders (i.e. Fund Administrator, Custodian, Trustee) to involve daily work for ensuring the smoothness of fund operations
- Coordinate order processing and ensure accurate and timely settlement for investors and fund transactions
- Liaise with counter parties for account openings, when required
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors, investment team and traders to resolve cash breaks
- Assist Vendor Management team and Private Company to perform Operations Due Diligence on vendors
- Manage the task priority and be actively, not limited to checker, but also maker if needed.
- Relationship building with business portfolio manager, internal investment manager and service providers.
- Support General Accounts project from investment operations perspective to liaison among internal and external stakeholders
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .