Director, Client Channel Optimisation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The purpose of the role is to drive the Transaction Banking (TB) Digitisation Agenda to achieve operational efficiencies and to reduce TB branch costs. This involves active migration of corporate clients from the retail branch network to alternative channels for cash management services (Payment & Collections). The role covers Greater China (HK, Korea, China, and Taiwan) with direct responsibility for executing Over the Counter (OTC) volume reduction initiatives in these countries.
The candidate will adopt best practices and a structured approach towards project management and will bring value to the role through detailed, comprehensive and accurate articulation of business requirements, followed by end-to-end ownership to ensure successful delivery.
The Role Responsibilities Business Analysis & Planning
- Analyse retail branch metrics to identify opportunities to reduce corporate clients' branch transaction volumes
- Work closely with CCIB (RMs, Sales and Product) to understand clients' business models and explore opportunities via co-creation and white boarding sessions to kill cash at source / move physical cash to alternative options like fast payments
- Collaborate with CCIB to identify unprofitable corporate clients, with high utilization of retail branches across the footprint
Initiatives Identification & Execution
- Identify alternative client channels - both existing and new channels for the delivery of cash management services taking into consideration clients' needs as well as the regulatory environment
- Support the commercialization of new Cash solutions/ channels in-country that are in line with the role's purpose
- Optimize corporate branches (N/A for all countries) to reduce costs and make the overall network more efficient
Investment & Project Management
- Define specific initiatives to migrate corporate clients' branch transaction volumes to alternative channels
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure buy-in and garner support on key initiatives
- Drive and track multiple initiatives with regular updates to the Project Working Group
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop business cases for investment requests, identifying the costs and benefits, in collaboration with respective country product partner/stakeholders
- Manage in-country investments to ensure projects are fit for purpose and are delivered on time, on budget and provide regular updates to the country AE and to the Programme Manager
- Solid experience in Project Management with a proven track record of managing and delivering projects
- Banking experience and understanding of cash management will be an added advantage
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Results focused and able to multi-task effectively while able to work under pressure
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders for driving the initiative
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .