Director, Data Analytics
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Director, Data Analytics
The candidate will be a team member of the Wealth and Asset Management (WAM) marketing department in Asia and at the same time, an integral part of regional Analytics Centre-of-Expertise (CoE), reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer of WAM marketing Asia and a functional reporting line to the Chief Analytics Officer of Asia.
The candidate will take a leading role in in one (or more) of the following areas, based on the candidate's area of expertise, to enable WAM Asia in developing robust, revenue generating, world class, analytics driven marketing strategies and customer centric experiences:
- Data Science/ Analytics Rigour - Develop market leading analytics capabilities ranging from organization BI to advanced models, deploy leading edge analytics techniques /tools to improve ongoing insight generation process; keep abreast of state-of-art big data analytics trend and the application of such in business relevant way
- CRM & Channel Strategy - focus on commercialization of insights from data scientists under a customer-centric, need-based context, by proposing contact strategy / product /channel analytics solutions most relevant to markets where WAM Asia operates and distribution models; facilitate solution implementation
- Campaign Management - establish regional best practice in campaign management in an evolving manner; build hypothesis testing in campaign via experimental design, develop effective & efficient lead management process, install sales funnel tracking and close-loop learning
- Close collaboration with channel marketing teams and digital marketers across WAM markets in Asia to mount analytics driven campaigns.
- Analytics Data Strategy - Develop and drive regional analytics data strategy, including data capture, data enhancement, data cleansing - and liaise with Regional Data Office (RDO) and lifeco BUs to optimize regional data management capability to enable world-class analytics
- Train, mentor and guide local WAM markets' analytics and campaign management teams through statistical modeling, campaign design and insight generation process and provide expertise and guidance when advanced analytics is required
Based on the functional expertise of the candidate, one or more of the following:
Math / Statistical
- Lead the development of advanced predictive/ prescriptive models and statistically rigorous model scripts to support analytics initiatives.
- Work with regional teams and other countries within region to establish regional modeling standard, governance, and a set of umbrella modeling solutions; ensure compliance with Analytics CoE standard to maintain analytics rigor and discipline.
- Establish & maintain regional model repository which captures, tracks and dynamically diagnose models-in-use.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging developments / trends in the analytics space and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new ideas in current and future strategies.
- Provide expert guidance to the in-country Analytics team on conducting advanced quantitative analyses facilitating effective targeting, segmentation, and identification of opportunities around cross-sell / up-sell, retention and marketing program optimization.
CRM & Channel Strategy
- Contribute to the development of life-cycle based targeting framework and contact strategy that governs total customer contact as well as channel-specific touches.
- Recognize market, product and channel specific challenges, innovatively propose the most effective and efficient actions driven by analytics solutions which balances time-to-market with analytics rigor.
- Partner with regional / BU business stakeholders in prioritizing and optimizing activities / decisions driven by analytics solutions, in a customer-centric, need-based context.
Campaign Design & Monitoring
- Help the in-country Analytics team to design, develop and draw insights from campaigns - with a focus on the rigor required for analytics model development.
- Institute regional / BU level analytics result tracking / reporting capabilities, and develop / maintain regional best practices in campaign management.
- Liaise with modeling lead to deploy analytical campaigns across all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, Agency, Outbound, Direct and Third Party.
- Ensure that initiatives including campaign tracking, contact management, test-and-learn recommendations comply with the processes laid out by the Analytics Centre of Expertise (CoE).
- Work with the BUs / Countries the Regional Data Office in Manila, IS and external vendors / partners on the enrichment of analytics database.
- Develop and drive regional analytics data capture, enhancement, cleansing and optimize regional data management capability to enable world-class analytics.
- Support CAO in recruiting, training, developing, coaching and retaining best-in-class analytics talent at BU /Country level.
- Participate/lead the community of experts - contribute in creating training material, governance documents and sharing platforms.
- Manage regional knowledge repository that houses internal IPs.
- University degree with a quantitative degree, such as Statistics, Quantitative Analysis for Business, Economics or Mathematics.
- At least 8 years of experience in Advanced Business Analytics, preferably within the retail financial services industry, or 6 years with advanced degree in analytical science.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages a plus - Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai and Khmer.
- Experience working in/ with one or more Asian countries preferred.
- Hands-on experience of multivariate analysis, modeling, segmentation and customer analytics using statistical techniques.
- Proficient in data mining tools with a deep knowledge of at least one statistical and/or simulation package (e.g. STATA, R, SPSS, SAS STAT, Matlab, Powersim, ithink) and be proficient in SQL databases and have working knowledge in at least one procedural computer language (e.g. C, VB, Python, Real Studio).
- Strong experience in deploying analytics campaigns including targeting, test and control development, response tracking and analysis.
- Strong in numerical and analytical skills.
- Passionate about achieving positive results in the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to present data reports/ analyses and statistics in a simple and clear way. Evidence of ability to persuade a wide range of colleagues
- Ability to think and work creatively around the constraints of the existing business to devise valuable experiments
- Experience in Web Analytics such as Adobe a plus.
- A team player with the ability to successfully manage interaction with internal clients and work independently and within a team environment with professionalism and collaboration.
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM's diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents - Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.