Director, Distribution Learning & Development
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Description
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Overview:
The Learning and Development Director supports the Regional L&D Head, to drive a culture of training for performance across all distribution channels in Asia. The role involves working collaboratively with the regional L&D team members and country training Teams. Focus is on developing and executing the agreed learning framework focused on improving customer experience and satisfaction with Manulife solutions.
As part of the regional L&D team, the position is accountable for contributing to the uplift in key performance metrics around sales productivity, recruitment of advisors and sales leaders, overall retention of sales advisors and customer satisfaction (NPS). The L&D Director also works in partnership with other members of the regional Distribution Team to deliver on the overall business goals of the Asia region. Responsibilities:
This role supports the development of new material and continuous improvement process of the content of what is being trained to our sales distributors and the delivery methods to embed effective training techniques among advisors.
This includes supporting the establishment of a Manulife Academy as a key enabler to meeting these objectives. Success in this role is measured by:
- Supporting the development and of the standard Learning framework across all channels in conjunction with local teams
- Assessing gaps to overall framework by market and help create a robust plan for execution
- Supporting markets on execution as required
- Involvement in projects involving delivery mechanisms to address challenges of geographically dispersed advisors including eLearning, technology enablers to the learning process, and self-learning platforms
- Assessing programs available which can be easily leveraged (internal and external) to enhance individual sales productivity
- Increases productivity of advisors in agency channel and recognized standards in Bancassurance channel
- Improvements in the customer experience as measured by Net Promoter Score (NPS) results
- Indirect impact on recruitment and retention of quality advisors and leaders
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- University Degree with 6-10 years insurance distribution (agency, bank and/or broker) experience preferred
- Ability to conceptualize design and implement end-to-end sales training strategies
- Financial Planning and /or professional training certifications preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work independently but with direction
- Highly developed communication & relationship skills
- Execution oriented with track record of success
- English speaking minimum
- Ability to read and write in Chinese language
- Ability to be resourceful in meeting objectives
- Ability to work cross functionally with other Manulife department (e.g.: IT, Marketing, Wealth Management, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to achieve business objectives
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.