Director, HR Operations Lead
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
Director, HR Operations Lead
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Director provides leadership to all aspects of HR Operations in Hong Kong. The position works with multiple teams and key among them are Regional HR Partners in Hong Kong, Chief Human Resources Officer for Hong Kong, HR Centres of Expertise (COEs) in Asia, as well as Global Shared Services team to continually improve client experience by effectively managing the HR operational requirements of Hong Kong. As the same time, this role also oversees the payroll operations in Taiwan and Macau.
This is a people leadership role that must building organizational capacity, capability and effectiveness, while promoting a culture of empowerment and accountability. The role requires a strong balance between strategic and tactical planning & execution.
HR Operations Management
- Leads a Multi-disciplinary operations for assigned services such as but not limited to:
- Payroll for multiple legal entities
- Workforce Data Services - Workday data maintenance, table maintenance, letter generation, employee change requests
- Pension and benefits administration
- Ensure adherence to country specific laws and regulations.
- Drives focus towards process and procedural efficiency including supporting the implementation of new business processes as per the results of global business process re-engineering initiative, infusing the discipline of documented procedures and utilization our global HR systems to the fullest with focus on automation.
- Responsible for Operational compliance risk for managed services in the assigned countries. Focuses on removing technical, procedural and process-related obstacles to minimize risks.
- Manages data integrity execution for HR systems used.
- Resolves queries redirected by the HR call centre that require transactional support managed by operations within the stipulated service level agreement to ensure a positive client experience.
- Champions our self-service philosophy by driving up the utilization of global HR systems by leaders and employees in Hong Kong.
- Liaises with multiple parties in MBPS Manila, Global Business Solutions and other areas of Shared Services to meet the requirements of successfully running Hong Kong HR Operations.
- Represent country specific needs in the development of regional payroll strategy.
People Management and Development:
- Directly accountable for people management responsibilities and leadership for Hong Kong operations team. In addition, the role also provides local leadership to recruitment and learning coordinators who primarily report to the Regional Asia Administrative Services Lead.
- Align team members with overall shared services objectives, and direct them to develop themselves according to organization needs and personal aspiration.
- Engage and develop team members whilst promoting teamwork to ensure business sustainability through the planning of current and future capability needs of the team.
- Manage budget and expenses for HR operations in Hong Kong with focus on cost efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree from any background.
- Progressive shared services experience with operational management knowledge of payroll and pension & benefits in Hong Kong.
- Able to balance needs and expectations of multiple business stakeholders between local, regional and global teams.
- People leadership experience is a must.
- Ability to formulate and drive improvements in operational procedures.
- Good working knowledge of service support models / processes and tools.
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels with proven experience working and communicating with cross functional and geographical teams.
- Global mindset - able to think and work effectively in an international context.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills; ability to set priorities and manage multiple deliverables, globally.
- Strong influencing, conflict resolution and collaboration skills with the ability to gain trust and achieve results through others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility and judgment when assessing business risks and opportunities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; coaching and conflict management capabilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Leads the focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.