Director, IT Program Management Office
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
The IT Program Management Office is entrusted with company-wide responsibility to oversee the management of various IT and business aligned projects. This is an important role as a central hub that provides complete view of projects and resources management . The role leads a team of experienced project managers to review, advise and monitor the portfolio of projects across the company, championing the definitive standard for process, tools and the culture of project management activity, including the important project prioritization methodology and its process facilitation. He/She is accountable for ensuring the project management framework is embedded in all project activity across the business. The Job:
- Design and implement PMO framework governance with key stakeholders, managing project initiation, tracking progress of all project aspects including but not limited to developing and managing project schedules, scope, budgets, change management, assigning tasks and impact analysis, identifying / mitigating risks and escalating issues to drive resolution.
- Implement a project portfolio tracking framework to ensure that all projects have the appropriate level of documentation (project, technical and user).
- Ensure delivery of all projects are in accordance with the Company's requirements and corporate objectives and adhere to scope, schedule and budgets, all within the PMO framework.
- Liaise and work with senior stakeholders across different business functions to ensure that programmes/projects are delivered according to pre-determined milestones and standards
- Exercise the project prioritization mechanism and facilitate the required process
- Understand the business needs of different functions and co-ordinate the resources to implement the necessary deliverables
- Proactively engage and establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Orchestrate and provide timely reporting of project/program updates
- University degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines; PMP qualifications preferred
- Over 15 years' experience with strong track record in business, operations and programme delivery, mostly attained within the insurance sector
- Over 5 years at team management level
- Highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude and with a desire to drive change in the organization
- Ready and prepared to face new challenges daily and embraces change and new ideas
- Eager to learn and to solve complex problems
- Effective in building relationships and trust across the company, working independently and with the team to work efficiently with partners
- Strong experience of major business transformation and project management
- Effective communication skills in both English and Chinese
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.