Director, Infrastructure Project Management
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Summary:
The Director of Infrastructure Project Management has a number of critical responsibilities including understand Group initiated Infrastructure project which FWD HK has to implement; analysis and discuss with internal stakeholders for the best handling approach; liaise among business, Group IT, vendors, internal IT resources and oversee the project implementation status; provide consultancy services and/or solutions to long outstanding problems or local initiated infrastructure projects. The Job:
Understand Group initiated Infrastructure project
- Maintain a close dialogue with Group IT and be familiar with Group's technology roadmap and planned Infrastructure projects which HK IT is requested to implement. Focus are on Network and Cloud related, yet not limited by them.
- Exchange information with Group IT where appropriate so that Group is aware of HK IT's situation, challenges facing and business needs.
Analysis and discuss with internal stakeholders
- Analysis Group's IT initiated infrastructure project request on its impact to local business.
- Translate the project into HK IT's exact requirements, derive impact, propose self-recommendation and agree with internal stakeholders on the best approach for implementation or counter-propose alternate arrangement to Group for consideration.
- Present to Group IT's of HK IT's preferred approach for a mutual agreement.
Liaise and oversee project implementation status
- Prepare project plan after soliciting all inputs.
- Liaise among business, Group IT, vendors, internal IT resources and oversee project implementation status.
- Report regularly to HK IT management on progress and propose recommendations to tackle obstacles.
- Manage shortfalls, source alternate solutions when needed, and escalate where appropriate for a successful implementation.
- Provide consultancy and project management services if required, to other Infrastructure & Operations teams on long outstanding problems or local initiated projects.
- University degree in IT or equivalent
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership role with direct technical responsibility for infrastructure management
- Possess track record of implementing large scale network revamp and/or Cloud migration projects.
- Experience deploying best in class infrastructure methodologies for financial institution
- High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple intersecting disciplines to be able to quickly analyze situations, correlate ideas and make decisions on issues and resolutions
- Experience in setting up virtual teams and influence team members from different business entities to achieve a common objective
- Track record of regular interaction with senior level executives
- Excellent vendor management skill in negotiating complex contract and managing outsourcing service agreement including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience in complex network design
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.