Director, Managed Investments, Private Banking
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 15 Jun 18 2018-06-15
An exciting opportunity arises in Standard Chartered Bank as Director, Managed Investment, Private Banking.
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The role purpose of a Private Banking Managed Investment Advisor is to increase the penetration of Private Banking's AUM in recommended managed investment products. This will primarily involve providing professional expert advice on Managed Investments to relationship managers, investment advisors and clients using the Standard Chartered Private Banking (PvB) advisory process for asset allocation, portfolio construction and portfolio reviews based on the full understanding of the customer's financial position, objectives, risk tolerance and other circumstances (but not including tax status).
The Managed Investment Advisor also acts as a subject matter expert to customers/frontline staff and will spearhead initiatives related to the marketing and increased penetration of new and existing funds and managed solutions distributed in the PvB. Advice will always be given in the customers' best interest using the PvB advisory process, rather than focusing on the sale of specific products. The Managed Investment Advisor will help clients achieve objectives, in the context of the customer's current needs/circumstances, in compliance with all regulatory and bank requirements and with the highest professional standards.
* Provide superior investment advice and position funds / managed investment in a multi-asset-class portfolio context aligned with the Standard Chartered GIC House-view
* Drive the marketing and penetration of investment funds, alternative investments and discretionary mandates in designated markets/desks
* Assist RMs in delivering their clients suitable managed investment solutions adapted to local market conditions and compliant with local regulatory requirements
* Work closely with the PvB Team Leaders and Market Heads to develop strategy to increase penetration of investment funds, discretionary mandates and alternatives in their respective teams
* Participate in client and prospect meetings with RMs, representing the Managed Solutions Platform
* Proactively and broadly communicate on adjustments to recommendations due to changes in GIC views, Fund Focus lists, etc.
* Participate and present regularly at investment meetings and team/desk meetings
* Provide active and relevant feedback to the Fund Selection and Discretionary Portfolio Management on business challenges and opportunities
* Co-operate closely with all stakeholders in PvB and Wealth Management, with focus on enhancing and improving the Managed Solutions Platform
* Assist in co-ordination of fund house / manager visits as well as internal road shows for new managed product launches
Skills and Qualifications
* Minimum of 7 years experience working in a Investment Management / Private Banking industry, with focus on investment advisory / portfolio-based solutions for Private Banking clients (ideally with focus on Managed Investments)
* Broad and understanding of financial instruments and markets as a whole (Degrees in Finance / Economics and CFA, CAIA, FRM, MBA, etc.) are a definite plus
* High-impact and confident presence with strong sales and negotiation abilities
* Solid understanding of portfolio construction and investment processes in a Wealth Management context
* Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese
* Strong organizational skills record of being able to implement, execute and deliver against tight deadlines
* Client-focused, results-oriented team player with highest standards of ethical and professional behavior
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one.