Director, Relationship Management, Private Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive profitable growth by acquiring, developing and servicing long-term relationships with private banking clients
- Accountable for the performance of individual's own client book
- Generate healthy pipeline of target market prospects and convert them into clients
- Implement an asset allocation in line with the client needs, and model portfolios as benchmarks
- Deliver, monitor and review solutions to clients based on client investment profile
- Deliver profitable growth by controlling costs and mitigating operational losses
- Support the effective management of operational risks across the Business and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level
- Support the delivery of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis
- Collaborate with support functions, business partners, and product specialists to deliver One Bank, support cross selling efforts and referral program (where applicable), and provide effective client solutions
- Understand the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and drive rectification as required
- Handle customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations forms part of the culture
- Participate in Local Client Committee and other relevant committees where applicable
- University Graduate
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Relevant banking certifications required to perform the role in the location
- Demonstrable and relevant experience in the Private Banking industry commensurate with this remit and level of responsibility
- Strong ability to develop a network of target prospects
- Proven risk management capabilities
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- HKMA Type 1 & 4 licences are required
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.