Director, Sales Promotion & Incentives
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
Director, Sales Promotion & Incentives
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The incumbent is responsible to develop, oversee and ensure effective execution of sales conferences and agency events to motivate the agency force to strive for excellence. He/she should demonstrate the exceptional ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight / conflicting deadlines, whilst maintaining the highest quality of work that meets the increasing demands from various stakeholders, preset parameters and is within budget.
He/she should also be responsible for formulating sales campaigns with an ultimate goal to increase agent productivity in order to help achieve Company's sales target. He/she will plan and devise different sales incentives programs that employ the appropriate agency segmentation and help drive a good product mix.
- Propose destinations and promotion campaigns for agency conferences. Plan and supervise the execution of various agency conferences so as to ensure they are aligned with company direction, keep sales force motivated and execute within budget, procurement guidelines, as well as within various pre-set parameters.
- Drive and supervise the execution of various agency events, including but not limited to recognition dinners, awards presentation events, agency communication meetings; to ensure all events are running in a smooth manner with creative elements to boost agency morale.
- Define and drive the delivery of different sales reports. This will require working in collaboration with various business units to ensure high quality and accuracy of sales data is available. It facilitates the Management and agency force to drive and monitor sales in accordance with business plan.
Accountabilities (Individual / Shared):
- The Individual accountabilities section is to highlight the business process where the job incumbent is held accountable for and do not require joint decision or escalations. This relates to the decisions where the role has direct impact.
- Shared accountabilities refers to a list of key accountability that the job incumbent shares with others and who are they. It describes what decisions that the role will have influence on.
- Degree holder in Marketing or Communications
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in the insurance industry with a proven track record of agency sales promotion, marketing and event management
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience
- Creative, flexible and able to work under pressure & tight schedules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player, organized and attentive to details
- Good presentation skill and able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Strategic Thinking
- Implementing Strategy
- Impact and Influence
- Strong People Leadership
- Strong Customer Focus
- Innovation and Change Leadership
- Strong Communications
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Operations Excellence
- Strong Time and Priority Management
- Distribution Excellence
- Need to manage projects with tight and conflicting timelines
- Manage the needs of distribution in conference and contests design whilst to deal with the limited resources and the control by various parameters
- Keep various segments of agency force motivated by agency campaigns with utmost objective to increase productivity of our agency force
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact):
- 5 - 6 permanent staff under direct supervision
- Support 7000+ agents with holistic solutions across all business units through various campaigns and incentives with an ultimate objective to grow agent productivity and achieve the Company's sales target
- Managing controllable and Production Related Expense (PRE) budget for departmental and conference spend
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.