Director, Trade Asset Sales & Syndications
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As a key member of Trade Asset Sales & Syndications (TASS) team, under Trade Distribution function, Capital Structuring & Distribution Group, this role specifically focuses on distribution and syndication of transactions booked in GCNA Region and will manage bank investors located in the GCNA region.
The role covers the following key areas for the region:
- Supporting the origination teams for their distribution needs, acting as the face of distribution for FI & corporate risk for key GCNA markets
- Managing FI investor relationships in the region
- Managing corporate trade finance syndication deals for the for key GCNA markets
The team engages in the distribution of trade assets & contingents to optimize the deal structure, relieve credit or country exposure, enhance RoRWA and to bring in liquidity through funded risk participation (FRP). The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for meeting all distribution needs of key markets in GCNA region, across all distribution channels, by managing bank investors directly and by coordinating with other investor managers from insurance and programs teams
- Directly responsible for trade asset distribution, and the management of corporate trade assets for key markets in GCNA region, for distribution globally
- Working towards to achieving distribution objectives to help TB achieve better management of credit exposures, improved client delivery and management of RoRWA
- Working within the TASS team to ensure trade assets originated globally are offered and distributed successfully to investor clients in the respective regions
- Coordinating the end to end process for the management of all TB transactions booked in the regions that are elected for distribution
- Developing and maintaining FI investor relationships for the region for distribution and syndication of trade assets
- Working proactively and closely with TB sales and CIB to understand their pipeline needs and communicate TB's distribution capabilities and market appetite and pricing
- Working closely with other units within TASS & trade credit insurance and to develop constructive alternative risk distribution conduits
- Working with internal stakeholders to problem solve issues relating to the distribution process including systems and processes
- Taking part in team initiatives and projects to increase distribution capabilities and establishing new investment channels
- Maintaining MIS and contributing to team reporting
- Complying with the banks' internal policies and local regulatory requirements as well as the anti-money laundering policies/measures
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Responsible for meeting all distribution needs of the GCNA region, across all distribution channels, by managing bank investors directly and by coordinating with other investor managers from insurance and programs teams.
- Managing and growing investor relationships in GCNA region. Understanding the risk appetite for various investors in the region and providing feedback to origination team to create further opportunities to originate on the back of distribution
- Structuring distribution solutions for FI and corporate trade structures, continuously creating capacities for business / improving returns, generating liquidity in the markets
- Underwriting deals in the region to help originate business for deals where the bank do not have available capacity and need to meet client needs
- Working closely with capital market / loan syndications team to expand alternate investors for trade assets
- 10+ years of experience working in the financial services industry with subject matter knowledge around trade finance, trade distribution, client management, or relevant experience gained from a client facing function
- Highly analytical with good understanding of trade products
- High levels of drive and resilience
- Ability to operate strategically whilst simultaneously working on the details
- Pragmatic approach to achieving the objectives set, able to flex an approach as needed
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Capacity to think creatively and laterally (outside the box); excellent reasoning skills and the ability to make sound judgments
- Enthusiasm, drive and ability to work in a very fast paced high performance team
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.