Director, UX Design
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Director, UX Design
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The senior UX designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
We expect the successful UX Designer Candidates to have 6 years' experience of delivering intuitive and well crafted experiences. The candidate must thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
This position reports to AVP Experience Design.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client's product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity.
- Create instant tangibility through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behaviour and verify design concepts
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
Required Background and Skills:
- At least 12 years' of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to articulate and justify ideas and design solutions.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Be a storyteller - A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior - verbally and visually in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team
- Works collaboratively and curiously.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems - addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.