Director, Wealth Operation Process Engineer, Asia
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Accountability Statement:
Manulife Investment Management (MIM) is the investment management division of Manulife. MAM's diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive wealth and investment management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the world. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. Manulife Investment Management has investment offices across multi-continents - Asia, North America and Europe.
Manulife Investment Management's Asia regional head office is based in Hong Kong and operates under the brand name Manulife Asset Management (Asia), the investment management division of Manulife Financial. Wealth Operations in Asia provides onboarding, transaction processing and customer servicing for investors of MIM managed mutual funds and funds offered in the Manulife InvestChoice platform. We have operations in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines.
The position reports to the Regional Head of Wealth Operations and is primarily responsible for the areas below across Asia. Responsibilities of Wealth Operation Process Engineer:
- Process design:
- To review the front to back processing to understand the business needs and documents the process maps.
- To hold a series of sessions with process owners and stakeholders to analyse the need and strategy for business process re-engineering.
- To identify specific problem area, solidify particular goals, and define business objectives.
- To conceptualize the ideal business process for the organization and build a business process model.
- Process control:
- To automate the manual processes and to re-engineer the existing processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- To build and enhance operation controls to mitigate the operational risks and to enhance the customers' experience.
- To build and enhance automated reconciliation checks and controls.
- Process operations:
- To work IT, Compliance and other teams to optimise the operation output
- To build management dash board and KPI for optimal output
- To plan and execute UAT test plan for re-engineering initiatives
- To be the subject matter expert and change agent to drive the re-engineering initiatives
- To improve the ongoing process that aligns with business strategies
- Good understanding of business processes (not a must but good to have mutual fund or pension operational experiences).
- Appreciate local requirement but with a knack to standardize global operating models with best practices in mind.
- Comfortable with process re-engineering and keep it simple whenever possible.
- Able to relate to past experiences but work to think out-of-box in the current context.
- Good understanding of workflow system and business rules engine. Understand work distribution workflow engine.
- Excellent data modeler.
- Excellent office-tool user (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Technology savvy (e.g. understand Cloud technology, API, more on Application less on infrastructure) and understand the rationale of technology implementation challenges & efforts.
Education background and related work experience:
- Systematic and attention to details. Good business analysis skill with the ability to probe the right questions
- Effective communicator with business users and stake-stakeholders
- Good planning and project management skill (though the job does not require the person to take on a project manager role).
- Good presentation skill and a good sense of artistic details will be helpful.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with over 10 years' relevant working experience, particularly in mutual fund Wealth Operation or Transfer Agents
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience and knowledge in KYC / AML checking.
- Experience in dealing with operations outsourcing providers and operational risk roles an advantage.
- Experience in projects as a key stakeholder
- A strong leader to coach the team and drive changes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess sound general knowledge of financial markets.
- Proactive / can-do approach and attitude. Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of delivery.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment.
- Proven experience influencing and working collaboratively with both clients and vendors.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent.
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel), and experience with Transfer Agency systems an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.