KPMG member firms and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as “KPMG China”
KPMG China is based in 27 offices across 25 cities with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. Working collaboratively across all these offices, KPMG China can deploy experienced professionals efficiently, wherever our client is located.
KPMG is a global organisation of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories and have more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG global organisation are affiliated with KPMG International Limited ("KPMG International"), a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International and its related entities do not provide services to clients. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
In 1992, KPMG became the first international accounting network to be granted a joint venture licence in mainland China. KPMG was also the first among the Big Four in mainland China to convert from a joint venture to a special general partnership, as of 1 August 2012. Additionally, the Hong Kong firm can trace its origins to 1945. This early commitment to this market, together with an unwavering focus on quality, has been the foundation for accumulated industry experience, and is reflected in KPMG’s appointment for multi-disciplinary services (including audit, tax and advisory) by some of China’s most prestigious companies.
KPMG’s Global Infrastructure business is one of the world's leading advisors to the infrastructure sector (www.kpmg.com/infrastructure). Our team in Hong Kong advises public and private sector clients on all aspects of the financing, structuring, procurement, delivery and operations of infrastructure and real estate assets. Our advice is independent and draws on deep sector experience within our local regional and global teams.
KPMG’s Hong Kong Infrastructure Advisory team is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking to hire a highly skilled professional with deep experience advising on and managing the delivery of major projects. Candidates that have a technical / design background are preferred.
This is a strategic role with leadership responsibility and will report directly to the Head of Infrastructure for Hong Kong. Candidates with sufficient experience will be considered for a Director level. Those with less experience will be considered for Associate Director level.
- Lead and manage complex client engagements and projects and act as the key client interface
- Develop effective client and stakeholder relationships with Government, Developers, Construction Groups, Design Consultants, Technology Providers, Investors, Industry Associations and other stakeholders in the industry
- Lead a wide range of complex assignments across diverse subject matter areas including public policy advisory, project management, project controls advisory, asset management advisory, project risk management, project procurement and contract development and other strategic advisory support with respect to the planning and delivery of major projects
- Lead and coordinate team members in delivering client research, benchmarking, analysis, high quality client reports and presentations, client proposals, thought leadership publications, internal reports and other materials as required in the course of business
- Lead marketing and communication activities related to infrastructure, real estate and construction
- Proactive engagement with KPMG’s global and regional Major Projects Advisory and Infrastructure networks
- Proactive support to the Head of Infrastructure with implementing the team’s growth strategy
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Consulting experience as well as construction project delivery experience
- A team player with high levels of enthusiasm
- Strong interest and passion for complex projects; Public Private Partnerships (PPP), infrastructure, government, project management, construction and engineering
- 12+ years professional experience across design, consulting, project management, engineering or related activities
- Deep experience in developing and delivering project controls services, commercial and contract advice, project reviews and risk management services to infrastructure and real estate projects in an advisory/consulting environment
- A degree and professional qualification in project management, engineering, architecture, planning or surveying, e.g. HKIE, ICE, IMechE, MRICS, APMP or equivalent
- Strong analytical, financial, contractual and commercial skills
- Experience of sourcing opportunities and developing proposals
- Experience of participating in and contributing to successful projects and engagement teams
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills in English. Cantonese, Mandarin and written Chinese skills are desirable
- Willingness to travel
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.