Director of IT Quality Assurance
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
This position will report directly to Head of IT, leading the Quality Assurance Team to perform a 2nd line of defence role to manage the overall quality of IT systems deliverables. Oversee the quality of projects and changes.
• Review and change IT Policy, impose change process standards to manage project & system changes, ensure system deliverables’ quality can code with stipulated standard
• Work with IT & PMO to enforce the execution of policy and/or standards
• Perform a gatekeeper role on IT system quality control. Responsible for controlling system deliverables quality at various stages of system implementation , ensure they can comply with quality standard ;
• Manage Regression Testing vendor to evolve the regression test platforms, supporting on-going system changes & projects for enterprise systems and external facing system’s touch-points (App & IoT)
• Maintains a measurable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements
• Evaluate, recommend and implement testing tools, aim to automate and enable efficient system test cycles
• Develop testing best practices and methodologies for project & system changes
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 15 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 3 years at a senior/manager position, specialized in system development
- Proven track records in managing enterprise-scale Life or non-Life administration systems, as well as good understanding on system architecture, esp. multi-tier servers / databases / middleware operating platform
- Experience in leading QA and/or IT risk and control functions, performing a 2nd line of defence / testing role are essential
- Competent knowledge and experience in following SLDC process to implement enterprise-scale IT systems projects
- Competent knowledge in software change controls, version controls, software release management to govern IT projects & system changes is a must
- Hands-on experience in designing and writing-up testing best practices, testing plan & methodologies and deploying automated testing tools are essential
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.