Director of IT System Development – Frontend System Integration
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
In view of the importance of IT system services, ranged from front-line point-of-sales, mobile & portal services, diversified channel management systems, esp. direct channel, to back-office policy admin platforms and on-going production support services, strategically, IT functions & resources need to be aligned to react to such surging demand.
This position will assume the role to manage FWD Life systems (Life Asia, CAPSIL and Front-end) production support services and Front-end systems projects, including BAU and new initiatives to support business growth strategies in 2018 on going forward.
- Responsible for managing IT projects throughout its life cycle, including resources planning, budget monitoring, clients’ expectation management, change management, contingency planning, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Work closely with project manager, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services.
- Manage the outsourcing vendors and contract staffs to support business/IT projects and changes.
- Manage project execution, communicate project progress and issues to project stakeholders, including analytical reports, presentations and other documentations as necessary throughout the project delivery process.
- Plan with vendor, and implement system releases upgrade.
- Develop and review the enterprise Life Front-end systems architecture to align with Group IT system architecture roadmap and solution strategy.
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies which align with business strategy.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Establish technical design standard / templates and lead Life Front-end systems development.
- Maintains a measureable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements.
- Oversee the quality of project / systems deliverables.
- Oversees project risks, identifies, determines and recommends risk mitigation solution on projects and implements as appropriate.
- Manage to ensure round-the-clock availability of the IT production systems.
- IT staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 15 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years at a senior/manager position, specialized in system development.
- Proven track records in managing enterprise-scale Life administration systems, preferably experiences in implementing NB & UW STP, including BPM, Rule-Based Engine integration systems / projects.
- Competent knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise-scale IT systems projects for Life insurance business.
- Good knowledge in Life insurance products and workflow procedures.
- Substantial technical and IT projects/systems management skills.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.