Division Head - Corporate Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Corporate Banking provides international financial services solutions that support businesses ranging from large corporates to mid-market enterprises in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large and mid-market enterprises seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC’s international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Division Head.
In this role, you will
- Job Summary
- International Subsidiary Banking is Commercial Banking's international proposition which aims to provide banking coverage to the subsidiaries of Commercial Banking customers within the Large Corporate and Mid Market Enterprise segments. The International Subsidiary Banking strategy is to provide consistent, indepth and dedicated coverage across the HSBC network with the end goal to deepen our relationship with our customers. The International Subsidiary Bankingbusiness is a significant contributor of revenue to Commercial Banking and consists of a network of dedicated bankers across more than 40 countries.
- The International Banking Team Division Head manages a team of Relationship Managers serving International Subsidiary Banking customers on a portfolio basis. These clients have varying needs from basic client servicing to more complex multi product needs. This role is responsible for delivering strategy at a team level, team performance, and reviewing, endorsing the credit applications submitted by the International Banking Team Relationship Managers.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Grow sustainably from the existing customer portfolio and through targeted acquisition of new quality customers, proactively grow international and cross border targets.
- Work collaboratively with other Global Businesses, Product and Service Partners within the HSBC group network, to identify opportunities to connect customers to opportunities and strengthen the relationship
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including Know your Customer requirements, in Group systems
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and take appropriate action
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design and delivery, customer literature and correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree holder along with extensive commercial banking experience with recent exposure in a front line role, including exposure to sales, commercial lending, credit structures, risk assessment and trade finance
- Proactive, customer driven approach, with a strong sales and marketing orientation and entrepreneurial spirit
- Wide breadth of product knowledge and experience in managing commercial relationships with international needs
- Excellent communication skills in English and experience of communicating with all levels of staff and management. Cantonese and Mandarin are preferred but optional
- Experience in people, team management
- Relevant Hong Kong Investment and Insurance licenses must be obtained after commencing the role
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AEYE
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited