The Emerging Markets Sovereign Analyst is responsible for the coverage of a mix of South and Southeast Asian economies at a macro level. The Analyst will conduct investment-oriented research for the Global Fixed Income and Emerging Markets Debt teams. The Analyst’s goal is to generate strong, risk-adjusted investment returns in countries’ sovereign debt, currency, interest rates and duration.
- Conduct fundamental research on the key drivers of each sovereign nation’s fixed income securities and currency. Develop well-researched short and long-term perspectives, resulting in the assignment of TRP credit ratings and investment recommendations.
- Create historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial metrics. Identify potential spillovers between markets, sources of vulnerability and/or strength in country-level balance sheets and flows, and evaluate external factors that contribute to the issuer’s credit profile and investment performance.
- Maintain solid relationships with government officials, local analysts, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including Fixed Income and Equity analysts. Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop a long term, well-researched investment thesis. Communicate investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, other TRP analysts, internal committees and external clients.
- Produce and communicate regular forecasts of fixed income performance in select investment assets. Also develop and apply relative value metrics, seeking investments that generate above-average returns without excessive risk.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or MA, MBA and CFA preferred
- 3-5yrs of macroeconomic training, investment analysis, and/or public policy experience
- Knowledge of data and exemplary analytical skills, insight and effective communication
- Experience with macroeconomic financial modeling and analysis
- Some experience or willingness to develop skills in understanding and evaluating creditworthiness and various fixed income investment assets
- Some experience or willingness to develop skills analyzing and investing in various Fixed Income securities and derivatives, including foreign exchange, interest rates and quasi sovereign debt instruments
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process
- Flexible, responsive and proactive personality with keen attention to detail
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities, supporting one’s ideas to questioning by Portfolio Managers and other analysts
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Regional language skills a plus though not required