Employee Communications is a global function with teams structured under respective heads for Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is responsible for delivering engaging communications which enable employees to connect with the company's purpose and goals.
While addressing the different local office needs, the Asia Pacific team also collaborates with the European team to deliver global programs and campaigns. Employee Communications is also responsible for managing digital channels such as the global intranet and
digital signage platform, and global employee survey and CSR programs.
The Asia Pacific team has colleagues based in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Dalian, providing coverage across the region including Seoul, Dalian, Shanghai, Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and Sydney
Purpose of the Role and the Opportunity
Employee Communications is a global function with teams structured under respective heads for Europe and Asia Pacific. This role reports to the Head of Employee Communications, Asia Pacific, who is based in Tokyo, Japan. You will be responsible for creating high
quality communications for Asia Pacific including Japan. Asia Pacific has been described as the growth engine for Fidelity International with many new and exciting initiatives taking place in the region. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a company that is going through significant transformation. Join us on our growth journey and help to tell our story.
You will be responsible for helping us to create unmissable content for our diverse audience in this exciting region as well as to promote regional topics to a global audience. You will have the opportunity to (and will be expected) to look for ways to refresh and modernise how we communicate. Your main responsibility will be to use your excellent English skills to support members of the team and senior stakeholders in delivering effective and engaging content across multiple channels. You will also work closely with the senior management across Asia Pacific including Japan to support leadership communications, campaigns and the delivery of global initiatives.
* Writing, story-telling, copywriting, ghostwriting, editing and proofreading a variety of written communications including; email announcements, intranet news articles, event invitations, important presentations, leadership blogs, speeches for senior leaders, video
scripts, narratives, client stories and digital signage headlines.
* Provide English language support to colleagues. Review communications and provide communication advice and support to team members and stakeholders.
* Manage the content pipeline for Asia Pacific and identify newsworthy content.
* Work closely with other members of the employee communications team to ensure our communications approach is consistent, clear and engaging for an international and diverse employee base.
* Work with the Head of Employee Communications, Asia Pacific to create and implement company-wide communications plans to embed the company's vision and values.
* As a member of the team, support key events and initiatives.
* Develop relationships across the business so you are informed about business priorities and can position employee communications in the best way.
* Contribute to the positive morale across the organisation which arises from an engaged and aware workforce where employees feel good about their role in the organisation and its willingness to listen to their needs and take appropriate action.
* Keep abreast of industry best practice and highlight any relevant opportunities to senior management stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Excellent English skills, both verbal and written.
* Excellent written communication skills with acute attention to detail.
* Ability to interpret complex information and translate jargon into easy-to-understand messaging.
* Adept with technology, especially digital and internal social media communications.
* Experience in a communications function.
* Experience working in a matrixed, international and multi-cultural organisation.
* Willingness to explore new approaches to increase employee engagement.
* Fast-learner with a proactive approach to find out more about the business.
* Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly.
* Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
* Excellent relationship-building skills to engage with employees at all levels of the organisation.
* Confidence and skill to build and manage relationships with senior leaders.
* Genuine interest in investment markets, financial services and investing.