Equities Production Support - Electronic Trading Technology - Associate
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This is a senior production support role responsible for 1st level and 2nd level cash equities electronic trading application support in the Asia locations. As Hong Kong is the regional headquarters of cash equities business of Asia this is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working in a highly dynamic trading environment working closely with Electronic Client Services desk to support DMA , algorithmic trading and high frequency trading business flows and applications covering electronic trading. The primary goal is to understand the Cash Equities and DMA business flow and provide expert application consultation and support to the Front Office ECS desk.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed (Unix, Sybase, SQL, shell scripting skills)
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong knowledge of Equities markets and Equities business processes, especially the front office order management and trading functions in Asia.
- Very good understanding on Asia exchanges.
- Able to support algorithmic trading for Asia region and provide active solutions.
- Must have understanding on FIX messaging and protocol.
- Good understanding on Smart order routing & Crossing for Asia markets.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.