Equity Analyst, Global Asset Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Profile Search & Selection Hong Kong
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
A global asset manager is looking for an equity analyst to join their team based in Hong Kong.
A global asset manager seeks a motivated and technically proficient equities investment analyst to work with the Global Multi Asset investment team for global research coverage responsibility spanning company, macroeconomic and thematic level research for cyclical sectors including (but not limited to) energy, metals and mining, and industrials. This coverage will evolve and be fluid over time. Investment views will be developed based on focused financial analysis and modelling, qualitative research, and interaction with companies and research providers. The candidate should have at least 2 years' of investment or financial research and analysis based experience, with the ability to build fully integrated financial forecast models. This can have been gained on the buy-side, the sell-side, in investment banking, private equity or accountancy/audit. Prior specific sectoral experience is helpful but not essential as the candidate will in time have and gain broad sectoral coverage and experience. Strong spoken and written communication skills will be sought. This is an appealing opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in investment management, being mentored by an experienced portfolio manager with a strong investment performance track record, and working for an investment strategy that has enjoyed significant assets under management growth in the last 3 years.
- Undertake and maintain financial and research coverage of a number of listed companies in the aforementioned (and other) sectors on a global basis.
- Develop investment views and make recommendations for coverage areas.
- Generate positive performance from investment recommendations.
- Visit and hold calls with companies, attend company roadshows and industry conferences to gain knowledge and insights about companies and sectors to develop independent investment views.
- Share investment perspectives with wider investment team across asset classes.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field.
- Relevant financial research and analysis experience.
- Extensive experience with using Bloomberg, Excel.
- Organized with a strong work ethic and keenness to contribute to investment performance.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with a busy workload.
- Willingness to learn and amend work.
- High personal integrity.
- Language requirements: English (fluency)
- Location: Already based in Hong Kong