Equity Exotics Trade Support - Trade Capture - Banking Operations Hong Kong
Trade Support 's mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties
- Product scope: Exotic Equity and Hybrid derivatives. Products including equity linked notes, share accumulators, auto-callable and other exotic payoffs
- Trade capture / Modelling of exotic products and deals in the in-house information systems
- Understand the modelling of exotic products and deals in the in-house information systems. Resolve breaks that might occur in the different systems. Identify the root cause and put in place long term action plan.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments
- Streamline booking workflow through automation and process review
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term. Profile Required KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Equity derivatives product knowledge (vanilla and exotic, payoff understanding, life cycle events).
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Being able to work and tackle challenges as a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken); required to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America).
- Client oriented: Always strive for the best for our clients (internal/external)
- English compulsory BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Result oriented
- Thinking outside the box
- Positive mindset
- Change oriented
- Team player Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 2000051L
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 01/05/2020
Date of publication: 09/03/2020