Equity Flow Trade Support
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Equity Flow Trade Support
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Trade Support 's mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business
Major Accountabilities & Principal Responsiblities
- Product scope: Vanilla Equity Derivatives Products including SFS products (DPS, ELS, EMTN, CB, Repo..) and Volatility products (Options, Futures, Warrants, Variance Swaps and Volatility Swaps)
- Monitoring, processing and booking of corporate action events for Equity Vanilla products and bonds
- Monitoring and booking of vanilla life cycle events in the FO and BO information systems including product maturity and support of Warrant desk (product KO)
- Streamline the different workflow through automation and process review (Corporate action / Product expiry / Warrant booking, Fees...)
- Contribute to defining specifications and performing UAT for new information systems.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments.
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls.
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term.
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required
- Vanilla equity derivative products knowledge
- Basic knowledge on Corporate Action events (type of events, impact)
- Previous experience in trade support of Equity Derivatives business or Corporate action is preferred
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Being able to work and tackle challenges as a team
- Excellent communication skills; required to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America).
- English compulsory
Behavioural Competency Required
- Team Player
- Responsible and Proactive
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus : consistently search for ways to improve our client service
- Positive mindset
- Think out of the box
- University graduate major in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology preferred