Equity Index Management Research
- Base + Bonus
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 09 Apr 18 2018-04-09
As a member of MSCI's Index Management Research Team, you will be responsible for the management and enhancement of all of MSCI's Indexes in addition to interaction with our clients covering topics such as re-balancing and methodology.
Managing and enhancing the Core Indexes, including the MSCI Global Investable Market Indexes (“GIMI”), globally. This includes:
- Index Policy Research: Conduct research on index related topics such as investability of equity markets, industry classification and regulatory structure. Recommend methodology enhancements for GIMI to the equity decision committee in close consultation with leading investment management firms.
- Index Implementation and Monitoring: In coordination with other global teams, maintain and rebalance the indexes in accordance with the GIMI methodology. Undertake index construction and maintenance for countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions, including the quarterly rebalancing of indexes, review of the structure of equity markets, the analysis and recommendation of securities for index additions and/or deletions.
- Market Accessibility and Classification Review: Monitor relevant country developments globally (e.g., equity market accessibility, regulations, political and economic developments) and recommend market accessibility rating adjustments as well as market classification (i.e., Developed Market, Emerging Market, Frontier Market) changes.
- Product Development: Collaborate with the New Product Development team in the research and development of new index products.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience (e.g., equity research, investment management)
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, econometrics or science/engineering field
- CFA, FRM, MBA or MSc is an advantage
- Good understanding of equity analysis and equity investment process
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge. Good knowledge of VBA is a plus.
- Familiar with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Datastream, risk and portfolio management systems)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills