Equity Research Analyst - China Internet, Technology and e-Commerce
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Arete Research
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
Arete Research seeks a senior equity research analyst based in Hong Kong to lead its China Internet, Technology and e-Commerce research coverage. Arete is the leading provider of independent equity research in the global TMT space. Founded in London in 2000, Arete engages deeply with many of the world’s top institutional investors and hedge funds. Arete has one of the largest independent teams of specialised global TMT research professionals with deep industry knowledge, investment perspectives spanning 20+ years, and unrivalled contact networks.
Entrepreneurial role working in Hong Kong, with regular travel across China, to Europe and the US, for the leading independent equity research firm specializing in global technology, media and telecoms, and reporting to the research team in London.
- Develop investment ideas
- Draft research notes
- Build and maintain models for stocks under coverage
- Develop strong client relationships and industry network
- Work as part of a global sector team
- Critical thinker
- A self-starter, energetic, driven, and entrepreneurial
- Strong written and oral communication - complete fluency in English, both written and oral, is a prerequisite
- Fluency in Mandarin required
- Proficent in Excel and expertise in analysis of financial information
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
The candidate will ideally have at least five years of equity research, with coverage of China Internet, Technology and/or e-Commerce stocks and with evidence of existing client relationships. It is also an advantage if you have been a Type 4 Responsible Officer in the last six months.
Ability to work legally in Hong Kong.