Equity Research Analyst - TMT (Top-tier Investment Boutique House)
- Competitive with Bonus Scheme
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bo Le Associates Ltd
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Our client is one of the most prominent fund manager in Asia and the world, and its center of gravity has shifted to China. The headquarters is now in Central district, Hong Kong. Since inception, our client has been dedicated exclusively to Asian equity strategies. They have two main investment focuses, China and Asia ex-Japan, are operated independently and led by their dedicated portfolio managers.
Provide fundamental analysis for HK and overseas listed equities. Produce buy/sell recommendations and overweight/underweight for sectors to portfolio. Support investment team in the generation of investment ideas, conduct frequent company visits, perform financial analysis and prepare investment memo.
Equity Research Analyst - TMT
As an Equity Research Analyst you will:
- Acquire expertise in TMT sector working on a firm-wise level and become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies;
- Contribute to our highly differentiated written product;
- Build relationships with company managements as well as sales, trading and institutional clients
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide fundamental analysis for HK and overseas listed equities. Produce buy/sell recommendations and overweight/underweight for sectors to portfolio managers and Head of Equity Investment;
- Preferably with experience of covering TMT sectors;
- Contribute to performance of relative and absolute return portfolios;
- Draft market analysis and portfolio commentaries on request;
- Support investment team in the generation of investment ideas, conduct frequent company visits, perform financial analysis and prepare investment memo;
- Cooperate closely with other research teams, such as macro and strategy teams, in order to maximize overall investment returns;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the capacity of investment / research, analyst covering TMT sector. Preferably experience covering international stocks;
- Bachelor degree or above in Economics/Finance/ Accounting or related discipline, SFC licenses for Type 4 and 9 regulated activities; high GPA is preferred;
- Solid understanding in fundamental company analysis, regional coverage experience preferred;
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in Chinese/HK and Global equity markets;
- Positive attitude, hardworking, analytical, detailed minded, self-motivated and results oriented;
- Excellent spoken and written skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin is a must).
It would give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While the culture is intellectually rigorous, the team will participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and social events, and annual on- and off-sites.