Equity Research, Product Manager, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Morgan Stanley has earned a strong reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
An exciting opportunity exists within the Asia Equity Research Product team, based in Hong Kong and for Vice President or higher.
• On a daily basis, major responsibilities include reviewing regular content flow (including rating and price target changes) and also reviewing reports for franchise risks
• The Product Team’s main goal is to drive impactful content, which can be classified as thought leadership and actionable investment ideas. The successful candidate will work closely with analysts on developing their most insightful Research and help to market it via Institutional Equities and Research channels
• Morgan Stanley’s product platform is well-defined and varied, ranging from globally collaborative reports to industry Primers and high-conviction single stock trade ideas. The successful candidate will proactively recognize opportunities to utilize the product suite to best enhance commercial impact
• The Product Team oversees content regionally, in markets from Japan to Australia and Taiwan to India. The successful candidate will help to manage regional, cross-industry and cross-asset collaboration and interact with a broad group of analysts, including from Fixed Income and Economic Research
• Interaction with partners in Institutional Equities is another important part of the role. The Product Team works closely with Equities to provide Research solutions and insights to various desks across the region. This can include equities sales, sales trading, derivatives and delta one teams
• The successful candidate will be encouraged to provide innovative ways to market Morgan Stanley’s best research, both internally and externally, in an environment where interactivity with clients is constantly evolving
• At least ten years’ experience in Equity Research, Equities or similar roles
• Analytical and strategic thinker
• Ability to embrace and drive innovative techniques around Product and Marketing
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• Strong background in finance or economics