- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- APG Asset Management Asia
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
We are looking for an Equity Trader to join our Asia's equity trading desk and execute Asia-Pacific equity and listed derivatives transactions with the aim of adding value to the investment process through execution of advanced trading strategies with minimal market impact and transaction costs.
About APG Asset Management
APG Asset Management is a Dutch pension fund asset manager and one of the largest institutional investors globally. For its pension fund clients and their 4.5 million active and retired participants from the public and private sectors, APG Asset Management manages pension assets of more than €450 billion as at the end of May 2017. APG Asset Management operates from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong.
APG Asset Management Asia is the Hong Kong subsidiary of APG Asset Management. It currently employs 36 professionals and manages a portfolio in emerging markets equities, listed and private real estate investments and private infrastructure investments in Asia Pacific with a combined value in excess of €16 billion.
About APG Asset Management Asia’s Equity Trading Desk
APG Asset Management Asia’s equity trading desk is responsible for executing transactions in equity and listed index derivatives in developed and emerging markets in Asia Pacific. The equity trading desk in Hong Kong is part of a multi-asset trading desk consisting of 16 traders. The desk is largely centralized in Amsterdam and is responsible for providing global execution services for multiple investment portfolios, overlay programs and transition events.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate equity trader who will be responsible for executing Asia-Pacific equity and listed derivatives transactions with the aim of adding value to the investment process through execution of advanced trading strategies with minimal market impact and transaction costs. The role will include further developing best execution through demonstrable pre-trade and post-trade analysis, transaction cost analysis, and trading capabilities in terms of systems and execution venues. You will report to the senior equity trader and will work closely together with the senior trader, portfolio managers and the other members of the global equity trading team.
- Executing programs , single line equities and listed index futures transactions for a broad array of strategies in compliance with predetermined trading benchmarks and guidelines;
- Developing and implementing trading strategies through detailed analysis of attributes using risk models, optimization systems and other trading analytics systems;
- Researching implementation costs associated with various trading strategies and selecting the strategy/ies with the highest likelihood of execution success and the lowest impact costs;
- Developing execution analysis and monitoring techniques and deliverables that satisfy the requirements of APG Asset Management’s best execution guidelines;
- Communicating and interacting with internal and external stakeholders, including the traders of the global equity trading team, portfolio managers and operations as well as brokers-dealers, vendors, exchanges and regulatory bodies; and
- Identifying, analysing and communicating relevant market and stock specific information to portfolio managers and assisting them by providing liquidity solutions to achieve their investment objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in finance or a related area; advanced degree and/or CFA is an advantage;
- 3-5 years of trading experience in Asia Pacific equity and listed futures;
- In-depth knowledge of the Asia Pacific equity trading marketplace (international/domestic and developed/developing markets) and clearing/settlement infrastructure;
- Ability to understand and work with multiple complex trading system configurations and trading algorithms;
- Detail oriented and excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken);
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly proficient with Excel;
- SFC license for Type 1 and Type 2 regulated activities;
- Culturally sensitive and adaptable and capable of working in a diverse team of individuals from different backgrounds;
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ability and willingness to function in a stressful, technological environment with minimal instruction or supervision.
APG Asset Management Asia is an equal opportunity employer.