Executive Director, Platform Strategy and Governance for PWM Client Facing Solutions
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Morgan Stanley's Private Wealth Management Asia Technology is responsible for providing front to back technology services to businesses that manage the Firm's high-net-worth clients in Asia and Australia, managing the technology platform that covers customer on-boarding, order management, on-going client service and reporting. The Private Wealth Management business has been on a Digital transformation journey, as we look to provide our clients with a suite of self-service capabilities allowing them to connect with us in a manner and channel of their choice, and thereby remove friction from the various touchpoints.
The Client channels team is partnering with our business to aggressively expand our digital offerings over both Web and Mobile by designing, building and rolling out world-class digital solutions. We are a global technology team that executes in a highly agile manner and embraces cutting-edge technologies and innovations. The team based in Hong Kong is specifically seeking a Senior Technology Lead for our Digital transformation & platform upgrade program. The team focusses on how clients engage on our digital platform and deliver personalized solutions based on insights.
As a Technology lead you will be responsible for driving and managing the technical delivery of our mobile platform. You will be part of a dynamic team that will work closely with product owners co-located in the same region, as well as interact globally with business stakeholders, product owners and other application developers at all levels of the organization.
Ability to manage and steer a team of developers towards successful deliveries is a must. Also, if you have a passion for bleeding edge technology and a drive for excellence in delivery, you will feel right at home in this organization. Qualifications: Key Responsibilities:
- Review of epics and stories provided by business, product owners or business analysts and turning those into technical designs and development
- Define design and architecture for all solutions built as part of the project
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including front-end, back-end services and database
- Manage and oversee the contributions of other developers in the team
- Work closely with product owner/business analyst on grooming stories, backlog prioritization and tracking and communicating progress.
- Face off to and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including front-office business, product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global Digital team.
- Active involvement in supporting the Digital platform across all environments, including production in a DevOps model
- This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including experience in/ with the following
- Hands-on experience during the career span with designing, developing and delivering complex applications at major financial services firms.
- Experience in driving DevOps oriented SLDC practices leading to faster time to market of solutions without compromising product quality
- An in-depth understanding of the critical aspects of major transactional production systems; scalability, reliability, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, etc.
- Java/Spring Boot
- UI/Mobile technologies (ReactJS, Angular, Ionic, Capacitor)
- Exposure to native mobile development.
- Middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc. and exposure to event-driven design patterns.
- Developing with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber
- Microservice design patterns and exposure to Cloud based application development.
- Exposure to AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be an added advantage.