BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Global Market Operations Mission Statement
Global Market Operations is a global team, incorporated in 4 main platforms (New-York, London, Hong-Kong and Paris) working very closely with Front Office (FO) (Sales and Trading), Back Office, IT, Finance, Risk, Valuations & Risk Control and Process teams.
Its main missions are to support efficiently the Front Office over
- Trade support
: Trade bookings, validations and monitoring on trade repository
: Profit and Loss trading calculation and analysis
- Reporting, Control & Cross services
: Internal controls and reporting, Static and Market Data maintenance, Corporate Actions and Index Tracking monitoring
: Confirmations of trades
: Settlements of trades
- Prime Brokerage
- Execution and Brokerage Global Market Structured Product Exotic Trade Support team 1- Main Objectives and Purpose
Its Primary responsibilities are
1. To perform day-to-day core trade support functions to Trading including trade validation, late trade booking, trade amendment and cancelation
2. To handle any post-trade events such as CA adjustment, secondary event booking and notification
3. To be the middleman to co-ordinate all information from F2B to ensure smooth processing and settlement is properly performed
4. To perform as an independent control team to strengthen all the control within Global Market Operations
The team works closely with other Trade Support teams and Trading to ensure timely communication for any breaks identified.
Main drivers are client service quality, independent control, operational risk safety and cost efficiency. 2 - Daily Responsibility Trade Booking, Amendment & Validation
• Book late Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
• Validate Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
• Amend or Cancel Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems Reconciliations
• Perform FO/MO reconciliations between Trading End of Day books and morning data in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
• Check FO/BO reconciliations are performed and breaks corrected in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems in a timely manner (If applicable & Not covered by PCA Team) Trade Lifecycle Events
• Compute and notify trade events (Early Termination, coupons....)
• Monitor & Validate Barriers Crossing & Fixings mismatches
• Adjust booking in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems further Corporate Action events
• All above processes / controls are described in details under ORUS & the FOS ASIA booklet is providing deeper explanation on team mandates / responsibilities & the definition of the officer standard day. Projects
• Participate to global projects related to Trade Support processes improvements.
• Participate to local projects related to systems migrations.
• Active follow up on updating documentation of Trade Support processes. 3 - Required Competences Technical Knowledge
• Strong Preference to have Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
• Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including the F2B workflows and the product event management.
• Strong Preference to have MS and programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) would be a significant plus. Skills and competencies • Analytical mindset
: Aptitude to understand the F2B workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office • Organized & good resistance to stress
: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment; therefore excellent time management and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
• Attention to detail
: Ability to ring the bell for any abnormal trade pattern and escalate in timely manner
• Innovation and initiatives (Think "outside the box"):
Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
• Self discipline & autonomy
: Have a constant "delivery on time" mindset, both on the daily production and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision. • Adaptability & Change Management:
Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment • Strong Client Focus:
Capacity to work with various clients. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset. • Escalation & Reporting process:
Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management.