FX/MM & Commodities Operations Manager
- Attractive Package + Bonus
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Pacific Focus
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
The Regional FX/MM & Commodities Operations function in Hong Kong is the evolution of a regional structure created to support the FX/MM and Commodities Operations target operating model for the 19 sites across the Asia Pacific region.
- Execution and application of the Foreign Exchange Best Practice standards and framework across the region.
- Emphasis on implementing project initiatives, new business models, e.g., ‘digital’ and electronic processing, Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs); and strategies covering business and systems process designs to optimize operational efficiency, post trade and business analytics to manage operating costs.
- Employing a consistent operational risk control framework and mitigations to govern the business process controls.
- Responsibilities will include specific complex daily operational processes in Hong Kong and regional management oversight of day to day Business as Usual (BAU) processing in Asia for FX/MM and Commodities.
- Client services support to strategic clients and internal clients; and overseeing an integrated operating structure of regional and GSC sites to ensure transactions are consistently processed in accordance to FIM and Global Standards.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding on Global Markets products, operations and international market and industry practices, including international common system platforms e.g., SWIFT, CLS, FXALL etc.
- Strong customer focus with a drive to deliver high standards of service to internal and external clients
- Excellent communication skills to lead both verbal and written to influence and negotiate with peers, senior businesses and across regional cultures to adopt the changes and best practice
- An effective strategic thinker with the ability to innovate and translate ideas into practical implementations and executing deliveries to meet target operating model principles
- Ability to influence and negotiate across different levels inside the Group and with external third parties
- Excellent project management experience – ability to formulate strategic business requirements, overseeing the required workflow changes and training plans to contribute to the project delivery. Knowledge of latest tools for project management and implementations
- Ability to manage an operations BAU organisation structure encompassing different geographical locations and culture – exhibiting virtual team management capabilities involving offshored processing centres