Finance - APAC Global Funding Controller, Vice President - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
Asia Pac Global Funding Controllers (GFC) is part of a Global team of >150 (across New York, London, Mumbai, Tokyo & Hong Kong). The collective team are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the ISG Finance organization.
Within Asia Pacific, GFC comprises of the following core groups:
- Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) control
- Liquidity & Funding control (LFC)
- Reporting & Funding Analytics
Pre 2008 crisis, funding was easy to obtain and not priced into trades due to ample liquidity in the markets. Post 2008, the landscape looks dramatically different where the economy and regulators have put a spotlight onto Funding and Liquidity making GFC both a focus and growth area. Primary clients are Finance Senior Management, Corporate Treasury and the finance teams of the Business Units they fund. The role provides an excellent opportunity to get an appreciation of Morgan Stanley's core businesses.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain knowledge of secured and unsecured funding, liquidity framework and to build a strong network of contacts across GFC globally and across Finance teams within Asia.
- Lead a team of three covering core groups mentioned above.
- Represent Asia Pacific GFC in local and global meetings and or project rollout.
- Key point of contact for Corporate Treasury, BRM and other Finance teams within the region and across the globe.
- Participate in Treasury NPA.
- Partner with Treasury to assess liquidity and funding implications where there are changes to regulatory rules and or booking model.
- Reduce team's risk profile by leading efforts on system enhancements, implement additional controls and escalation.
- Knowledge of financial products e.g. bond/swaps/fx products.
- Solid experience in fund transfer pricing, unsecured and secured funding balance sheet and cost attribution.
- Understanding of currency exposure, appreciation of FX risk and hedging instruments.
- Analytical mindset and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to interact with senior stakeholders or other teams globally.
- Proven people management skills to lead the team, able to prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders in multiple locations.