Finance - Asia Compensation Controller, Associate (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career, a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Compensation Controller Team is now hiring an Associate to join the team in Hong Kong.
- Manage month end and year end processes and ensure compliance to group policies, local GAAP, IFRS and USGAAP
- Perform monthly variance analysis and reconciliation for BS and PnL accounts to meet SOX
- Work with HR, Tax, Legal Entity Controllers and accounting firms to implement tax strategies
- Handle requests and queries from internal parties and external auditors
- Review and process financial disclosures
- Take part in various global and regional projects
- Identify and report operational risks/control weaknesses and liaise with internal parties to implement solutions
- Identify and implement opportunities for process streamlining and standardization