Heng An Standard Life (Asia) Limited (“HASL Asia”, previously named “Standard Life (Asia) Limited”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (“HASL”).
HASL Asia’s presence in Hong Kong can be traced back to 1999 when it was established under the name of “Standard Life (Asia) Limited” and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen plc (“SLA”) until June 2020 when it was sold to HASL with the strategic goal to align SLA’s Hong Kong and Mainland China insurance businesses and create a single, stronger base for future development.
HASL is a 50:50 Sino-foreign joint venture business between SLA in the UK and Tianjin TEDA International Holding (Group) Company Limited in Mainland China. This strong background creates a unique advantage for HASL Asia in Hong Kong leveraging on its heritage as part of a Sino-foreign joint venture insurance group.
The incumbent will be responsible for clarification and interpretation of accounting policy and accounting standards requirements of IFRS17, IFRS 9 and other financial related project.
To provide advice on key financial matters based on a deep understanding of the business, and will also support the development of strategy for the Hong Kong business
The jobholder will deliver reporting outputs, analysis and insight as required.
- Handle various finance related projects as assigned, including but not limited to projects on IFRS 17, IFRS 9, accounting system, fund accounting system and other process improvement.
- Work closely with IT team, project members and external consultant/suppliers on user requirements, feasibility study, delivery and user acceptance test.
- Escalate project issues and recommend solutions to ensure agreed project timelines, deliverables and benefits are achieved on time and within budget.
- Provide training, develop user manual, procedures to finance staff throughout the change process.
- Be the finance subject matter expert in IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 projects, including
- Develop new IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 accounting logic, the accounting posting rules and Chart of Accounts;
- Develop accounting process implication; Design the financial closing reporting processes;
- Assist in producing IFRS17 technical papers and accounting policy documents for Project Sponsors’ review and for the Steering Committee approval;
- Assist in building the management information and financial analytical framework on IFRS 17 and IFRS 9;
- Participate in data and system infrastructure design for IFRS 17;
- Design and/or revamp relevant reporting control under the standards;
- Support Manager on the finance analysis and compare against the plan, highlighting the underlying business reasons for the variance. Proactively present the results of the analysis and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Maintain a framework for assessing financial result for HASL Asia.
- Maintain relationships with key business leaders and team managers and understanding of HASL Asia’s strategic objectives.
- Any other necessary and ad hoc works.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- Qualified accountant
- University graduate required
- Solid at least 6 working experiences in finance and accounting experience.
- Good time management on handling the projects
- Good understanding and interpretation of insurance company financial statements.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge in Oracle is an advantage.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- High level of analytical skills
- Planning and organising
- Time management
- Analytical thinking
- People management
- Excellent relationship building skills
Reports To Role
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in our opportunity, please send your job application to us. Before doing so, please make sure you read and agree with our Personal Information Collection Statement (link: https://www.hengansl.com.hk/en/careers/privacy-agreement).
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.