Finance Manager (APAC)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Headquartered in Australia, our client has grown to a company of 100+ staff worldwide in less than 4 years and is looking to add 60+ more headcounts in HK alone, with the support of Tencent and many other VCs across the continents. They are by no means a low-profile company and they are looking to stay that way with the MNC flair. Each one of their new recruits will be an essential addition to the global expansion plan.
(more experienced candidates will be considered for the position of Senior Finance Manager - APAC)
FinTech and Open Banking is revolutionizing the way cross-border transactions are realized. They break the barriers of geographic constraints and optimizes one of the most valuable resources anyone can get their hands on - TIME.
As a Finance Manager (APAC), you will be part of the pioneers making history. If you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, then join the team my client is building in Hong Kong as part of their global network. You will be able to leave the repetitive and boring work style behind and experience first-hand the dynamics of the FinTech sector.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee the finance and accounting functions of the HK and mainland offices
- Perform both simple (e.g., payrolls, book-keeping, bills settlement) and complex finance functions, including taxation (transfer pricing etc), financial due diligence, audit, management and regulatory reporting, M&A, banking license application, etc.
- Work closely with the financial team heads in both mainland China and Headquarter, providing updates and advisory to C-level executives in terms of market activities and hedging strategies
- Work closely with other teams to support FX and cross-border transactions and payment processing
- Implement and enforce financial policies, procedures, tight controls and reporting system
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Degree holder in Accounting / Finance or equivalent
- Qualified CPA or equivalent accounting destinations
- Solid background in the financial services/banking industry is a must
- Minimum 7 years of experience, including 3-5 years of post-Big 4 experience in the commercial world working for MNCs
- A hands-on person with down-to-earth attitude
- Proven track record performing a broad range of financial functions
- Good understanding of HK accounting rules and regulations; and familiar with operations in finance, taxation and audit
- Possess a strong business sense and a stable work history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with all departments in an organization
- Fluent English (written & spoken) and Mandarin (spoken) is a must