Finance Manager, Corporate Services, Asia
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
See job description for details
Basic Function: Finance Management – Act as to provide support to Corporate Services financial processes across the CS functions with a major focus on Space and Occupancy cost management; reporting to Finance Director Asia within the Office of the COO organization.
The candidate will have the opportunity to liaise with the wider team members within the Office of the COO organization and to contribute towards ensuring that processes, procedures and reporting are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to Finance Director Asia:
Finance Management (CS Departmental Cost and CS Managed Spend Reporting regionally) – In a supporting role, working with the Finance Directors to :
- Work with the various Corporate Services functions to develop budget, provide support in cost management tracking and reporting.
- Work closely with the CS functions to provide consistent governance and reporting
- Follow the cost management governance process to provide and oversight and guardianship towards the cost management of the various CS functions.
- Carry out financial risk assessment studies and procedural evaluations aimed at forming an independent assessment on cost management.
- Develop and maintain an on-going database of cost and benchmarking report.
- Work closely with Finance Controllers Group (FCG) as a liaison for Corporate Services
- For Space and Occupancy cost management, support and facilitate the:
- Co-ordination of the overall establishment and re-forecasting of S&O budget between Real Estate, Capital Project expenditure and Repair and Maintenance
- Co-ordination of regular recurring reporting activities such as re-instatement provisions, insurance estimation, asset impairment review and year end accrual, etc.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm.
Minimum Requirements: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities to qualify for position)
- Post graduate calibre individual with at least 5 to 7 years accounting / cost management experience, specifically in banking or office fitout construction industry.
- Excellent performance record in managing clients (both internal and external) at all levels.
- Strong ethnics and willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong analytical skills, high in problem solving ability with an inquisitive mind to explore creative and innovative solutions
- Understand organisational, process, tracking and reporting requirements.
- Ability to prioritise workload and has high degree of commitment to meet key deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the client-side of the banking industry and/or office fitout construction sector is an advantage.
Reports to the Finance Director. Maintains a close working partnership with all peer group managers, members of the Corporate Services functional teams, Financial Controllers, and outsourced service providers as required. Opportunity to work with global finance management team counterparts on role development initiatives.