Financial Analyst (Rating Agency - BIG 4 candidates)
Credit Analyst - A global Credit Rating Agency is hiring an Credit Analyst to join their Greater China Analytics Team serving their clients within Financial Services Responsibilities:
- As the primary analyst, the candidate will take responsibility for timely and high quality credit assessments on a portfolio of (re)insurers, as well as producing accurate and informative documentation to support the credit decision.
- Write high quality credit reports to effectively communicate the rating assessment to rating users.
- Regular interaction with senior management of (re)insurers and requirement to attend company meetings, with support from more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment.
- Conduct on-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio of (re)insurers.
- Present analysis at rating committee, participate in rating committees of other analysts, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the (re)insurance markets and rating issues.
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to develop a network of contacts in the (re)insurance market (including clients, brokers and other stakeholders) for the purpose of developing market intelligence.
- Occasional international travelling will be required for this role.
- Proven experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance industry or financial services sector.
- Solid understanding of the insurance industry, financial markets and economic/industry trends.
- Experience of working with and managing relationship with external clients is ideal.
- Demonstrate understanding of the China non-life insurance market and/or reinsurance market is an advantage.
Education and Qualifications:
- Financial / credit analysis skills gained from working within the insurance or financial services sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; superior time management skills; the ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- MS office proficiency
- Team player with integrity and strong work ethic, high levels of energy, positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and Mandarin/Cantonese (ability to speak in both Mandarin and Cantonese will be an added advantage).
- Bachelor degree minimum entry requirement, ideally in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Law or Actuarial Science
If this above description fits your experience and is something you would like to explore, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us.
Our specialist consultant will get in touch with you soon, if we find your profile suitable for this position or any other vacancies we are recruiting for.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Regan Lo
at 3907 3944