Talent Acquisition Specialist
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. We are looking for a highly talented Financial Controller to join our Finance team in Hong Kong to ensure we build the best practice finance team amid extensive business growth.
What makes us special? It’s the way we combine food and convenience.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pizza, sushi or burger, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a highly talented Financial Controller to join our Finance team in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a proven track record in managing all finance functions. He/she would also possess leadership and entrepreneurial spirit, and work closely with partners in different regions to ensure we build the best practice finance team amid extensive business growth.
- Report directly to the Head of Finance of foodpanda Hong Kong and manage the Financial Planning and Analysis team which oversees financial reporting, and takes charge of the controlling budgeting, and cash flow management functions
- Perform financial statements review to ensure all accounts are reconciled monthly and good accounting practices are being adhered to
- Provide variance analysis and commentary to explain monthly results versus forecast / budget / prior year
- Provide management reporting with visualization, analysis and business insights
- Perform monthly forecasting of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow and monitoring of cash in particular throughout the month
- Seek opportunities to improve profitability and / or cash flow and provide regular advice in this regard
- Lead annual budget process and maintain all supporting spreadsheets
- Liaise with the regional and global finance teams on any financial issues
- Act as a business partner to drive business initiatives and recommend changes for process improvements
- Track operational and financial performance by analyzing and interpreting financial data and provide early warning on deviations
- Be responsible for any ad-hoc analyses/tasks requested from management
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting Finance / Economics / Business, or other related areas
- At least 5 years of relevant experiences and over 3 years of team management experiences
- Certified member of HKICPA / ACCA or equivalent qualifications with Big 4 experiences is a must
- Experience in food delivery, logistics or transportation industry is a plus
- Fast learner, ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated with great project management and follow-through skills, employs a can-do attitude to problem-solving and push for improvements
- Detail-oriented, flexible with hands-on mentality, committed to deliver high quality work product
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to get on with people at all levels and across a range of local, regional and global departments in the business.
- Strong logical thinking and analytical skills, capable of seeing a situation from multiple perspectives
- Fluency in both English and Cantonese is mandatory
- Good knowledge of Google Suite (Google Sheet, Google Doc, Google Slide) is highly preferable
- Knowledgeable of MS Office and excellent command in Excel is required
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- Flexibility. You will be valued by your output, not your input
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with diverse backgrounds
- Regular company and team events