Financial Crime Compliance Manager Global Banking and Markets - Financial Crime Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Oct 17 2017-10-26
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Financial Crime Risk is a Global Function that brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime. The function has been set up in a way that enables us to build on our achievements in managing financial crime risk effectively across the bank and continue to strengthen financial crime detection, anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption compliance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Financial Crime Compliance Manager Global Banking and Markets.
In this role, you will
- To assist management with the development and enhancement of global banking and markets anti money laundering procedures and methodology on a global basis. Role chiefly centers around the design, implementation and on going maintenance and enhancement of the global technology solution and anti money laundering target operating model for global banking markets.
- To assist in providing advisory on anti money laundering enquiries, identifying and managing issues involving the anti money laundering risk and liaising with business and other relevant stakeholders to serve the Global Banking and Markets business needs.
- To work effectively with business units to drive the local and regional deployment of anti money laundering related projects and new Group initiatives on anti money laundering systems.
- Deliver a high performance client service, behavioral expectations.
- Provide highly professional, competent and skilled service to the Businesses.
- Take decisions based on your knowledge and experience.
- Think proactively and come up with ideas for enhancements.
- Escalate, where necessary to direct line management and Senior Compliance managers
- Proactively alert business of highest perceived risks as they arise.
- Successfully complete Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post course assessment, as required
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- An understanding of Global Banking and Markets related products.
- Strong Products and Operations knowledge particularly in the area of Securities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team player with an open communication style
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009XVU
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited